Vacancies and Opportunities
Welcome to the Family AIDS Caring Trust (F.A.C.T) vacancies and opportunities page.
FACT is a Christian-based AIDS service and development organization operating in Zimbabwe. It was instituted in 1987 as Zimbabwe’s first AIDS Service Organization (ASO).The following vacancies has arisen in the OVC USAID supported Programme in Mutare:
1.0 Communications & Documentation Officer.
- Facilitates in the implementation and review of FACT’s communications & documentation strategies.
- Preparation and management of the dissemination of information both internally within FACT and externally.
- Documentation of strategies, models and best practices relevant to the development of the organization; Implement and review a Communications & Documentation strategy for FACT
- Lead in the development of FACT’s publications including the Annual Report, Publications, Organizational profile etc.
- Document internal and external events including seminars, workshops and conferences
- Development of appropriate content for IEC material including for the website, twitter, Facebook page and other online communication platforms
- Responsible for improving the FACT brand and visibility; Design and implement advocacy campaigns.
Qualifications & experience required
At least a Masters’ degree in any of the following disciplines; International Relations, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or Social Sciences. At least 5 years relevant working experience in a similar position; Excellent track record in advocacy, communications & documentation work in a development NGO or agency; Computer literate; Clean class 4 drivers’ license; Excellent networking, verbal & written skills, proficient in English, Shona &/or Ndebele.
2.0 Child Protection & Case Management Coordinator (CP&CMC)
- Providing technical and operational support towards the implementation of the Child Protection and Case Management (CP&CM) under the OVC & Livelihoods Pillar.
- Accountable for the formulation, design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of CP&CM interventions
- Will contribute towards the effectiveness of the overall program management and delivery and the achievement of program goals.
- CP&CMC will be guided by the OVC&LH Child Protection and Case Management Strategies that define the program’s contribution to children's right to protection from violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect.
- Participate in strategic discussions on the planning and implementation of the OVC&LH program and related advocacy
- Prepare regular and mandated CP&CM reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress
Qualifications & experience required
At least a Masters’ degree in Social Sciences or Social Work
At least 5 years relevant working experience in a similar position; Excellent track record in Child Protection, Health and HIV work in a development NGO or agency especially on USAID / UNICEF supported projects; Computer literate; Clean class 4 drivers license; Excellent networking, verbal & written skills, proficient in English, Shona &/or Ndebele.
3.0 Early Childhood Stimulation Coordinator
- Co-ordinate, monitor and provide technical support to Consortium Partners implementing Early Childhood Stimulation (ECs) activities in the FACT Consortium
- Provide an effective link between Consortium Partners, MoHCC and MoPSE structures at Province, District, School, and community level on ECS related interventions linking them to Health initiatives.
- Ensure that high standard ECS initiatives are successfully organized and implemented through establishment of model ECS sites
- Ensure that resources required for successful implementation of ECS interventions are in place and properly accounted for.
- Maintain an accurate data-base of disaggregated ECS beneficiary data for all participating ECS Sites
- Consolidate and Submit monthly/quarterly and annual reports on overall operations of participating ECS sites for the consortium
Qualifications and Experience required
Education related Degree, with minimum of 5 years relevant EC stimulation and development experience. A Post Graduate Qualification is an added advantage.
Candidates should demonstrate a good understanding of the functioning of Ministry of Health and Child Care and Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education structures at all levels.
Candidates should have prior experience working in the public health system, with children below 5 years. Experience working with donors, NGOs and multiple government stakeholders will be an added advantage.
All applications should include a covering letter, CV & copies of educational certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & FACT reserves the right not to fill the position.
NB: Please note that FACT does not discriminate on recruitment on HIV status, disability and gender
Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 19 September 2017